We are hiring hiring hiring!
ACTON: FRONT OF HOUSE HELP
We are looking for enthusiastic FOH servers/bartenders to provide an excellent guest eating and drinking experience, with ability to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes base server rate and tips. Ability to work weekends a must.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Preferred 2+ years working experience as a FOH server/bartender but will train right person!
- Knowledge of serving food, and mixing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar and restaurant organized, stocked, and clean
STURBRIDGE: FOOD RUNNERS
We are looking for enthusiastic servers/food runners to deliver food to guests, bus tables and clean, and assist bar staff. Will train! Ability to work weekends a must.
SPENCER: TAPROOM BARTENDERS
We are looking for enthusiastic taproom bartenders to provide an excellent guest experience by serving our hand-brewed beer and other selections. This is not a cocktail position, no experience necessary — we will train! Compensation includes base server rate and tips. Ability to work weekends a must.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop into our Acton, Sturbridge, or Spencer locations. We look forward to meeting you!
Rapscallion is proud to name AccesSportAmerica as the charity beneficiary of our inaugural Running Into Summer 5K held in Acton, MA on May 22. Raps fully supports the mission and work of AccesSportAmerica and is looking forward to this incredible event.
The mission of AccesSportAmerica is to inspire higher function and fitness for children and adults living with challenges and disabilities through high-challenge sports and training.
Innovative and effective, AccesSport’s year-round sports and training programs are designed to promote each person’s highest physical and athletic potential while cultivating cognitive, social, and emotional well-being.
AccesSport seeks to:
- Adapt sports that the most agile athletes find challenging.
- Foster a positive change in attitude, esteem, and expectation for a life lived with disability.
- Build a community of relationships that lasts a lifetime — a community where differences are diminished, blurred, and often erased.
- Strengthen endurance and decision-making skills while building confidence and self-assurance.
- Expand opportunities by modeling the process of seeking and achieving hard-to-reach accomplishments.
- Experience a sense of unparalleled accomplishment through mastery of balance, coordination, and fear.
- Improve health and fitness, reducing the prevalence of obesity and associated health-related conditions and costs.
Learn more about AccesSportAmerica on their website at goaccess.org.
Register here for the Running Into Summer 5K to benefit this wonderful organization!
Supporting Orphans Nationally and Globally Inc. (S.O.N.G.) has teamed up with Aerial Recovery Group to assist with the safe evacuation of orphaned children in Ukraine. S.O.N.G. Executive Director Wally Connor will be traveling with nine other volunteers to the Poland-Ukraine border working on the Logistics Team to assist and support the Rescue Team (who have been carrying out the orphan rescue missions inside Ukraine) as well as process safe passage of orphaned and unaccompanied children to safe-havens. Many orphaned and unaccompanied children have fallen victim to traffickers fleeing the violence and at border crossings promising them safety and security, and then disappearing.
S.O.N.G. has initiated a special and immediate fundraising drive “S.O.S. Ukraine” (SONG ORPHAN SUPPORT Ukraine) to provide direct support to orphaned children as needed upon S.O.N.G.’s arrival at the border, and they are asking that you consider supporting this critical and important Mission at this time.
Donations can be made directly to the following:
- Venmo: @SONGInc and please note “Ukraine” in the What’s it for? section.
- PayPal & Credit Card: S.O.S. Ukraine Online Donation
- Bank: S.O.N.G., Inc., c/o North Brookfield Savings Bank, 9 Gilbert Street, North Brookfield, MA 01535
- Check: S.O.N.G., Inc., 122 Long Hill Road, PO Box 426, Brookfield, MA 01506-0426. Please note “S.O.S. Ukraine” in the memo section.
They are also asking for donations of the following items, which can be dropped off at any Rapscallion location:
- “Beanie Babies” and other lightweight small comfort toys for the children.
- Much needed medical supplies for a local hospital. If you have a source able to donate these items, please contact us directly.
- Antibiotics IV: Ceftriaxone, Cefepime, Vancomycin, Gentamicin, Clindamycin, Zosyn
- Chest seals; Airway equipment: ET tubes all sizes, laryngoscopes, LMAs; Easy IOs
- Nasal cannulas for CPAP size 3 and 3.5; Israeli tourniquets; Quick clot; Insulin
Below are some informative links about the Mission:
S.O.N.G., Inc. is a certified 501 c 3 nonprofit organization and all donations are 100% tax-deductible per IRS Guidelines. Also, S.O.N.G., Inc. is an all-volunteer organization and 100% of funds raised go to supporting orphaned children.
Rapscallion believes strongly in supporting the local communities we call home, including supporting the organizations who constantly strive to make the world better for all, starting at the local level. One such organization is the Acton Lions Club. Rapscallion Table & Tap in Acton has had the honor of having the Action Lions Club host their meetings with us for over five years now, and through this we have come to know the dedication and selflessness of the Acton Lions Club’s members.
Acton Lions started in 1955, and is one of 45,000 chartered Lions Clubs from around the world, serving in 185 countries. Acton Lions has raised over $600,000 for Massachusetts Eye Research foundation as well as annually supporting local organizations and giving out scholarships to local students. The Acton Lions Club members give their time and resources freely to those less fortunate, and they are a terrific group of people that have a humble outlook and positive perspective on life. Perhaps most importantly, they don’t take things too seriously— as evidence by their amazing sense of humor! The Acton Lions Club is all about simply being good people and doing good work with no political or religious agenda.
From the entire Raps family, keep up the terrific work, Lions! Learn more at http://www.actonlions.org/
Rapscallion holds membership in both the Middlesex West and Central Mass South Chambers of Commerce, and we are continuously amazed by the Chambers’ unwavering support of their local businesses and community. From philanthropic endeavors to networking events, the Chamber of Commerce helps local businesses and non-profit organizations thrive by providing a space for sharing ideas, offering educational opportunities, increasing visibility and credibility, and allowing access to a robust network of trusted vendors.
Throughout Covid, the Chamber of Commerce has provided an invaluable support system for local businesses, many of which were greatly challenged by economic shutdown. Additionally, the Chamber provides targeted networking and growth opportunities by hosting events such as Women in Business, Young Professionals, business roundtables, and lunch and learns.
Recently, the Middlesex West COC announced the hire of its new Executive Director Debra Strick. Pete Daniels, Co-Proprietor of Rapscallion and President of Middlesex West COC commented, “The Chamber is looking forward to having Debra on board. Our businesses have been in the Covid transition for two years, and this is the leadership we’ve been seeking. Debra offers a great mix. She lives and works locally, and it is a treat to have her new ideas and energy. The Board is taking on new members and we’re rolling up our sleeves and getting to work.” Read the complete announcement here.
Rapscallion offers our warmest congratulations and welcome to Ms. Strick, and encourages all local businesses and non-profit organizations to join their local Chambers of Commerce. A membership in the Chamber of Commerce is an investment in our local community. Thank you, Chamber of Commerce!
Learn more or join Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce here.
Learn more of join Central Mass South Chamber of Commerce here.
We are thrilled to announce that Raps Gift Cards are now available to purchase online as well as in all of our brick and mortar locations. To celebrate, we are offering a 10% bonus on all gift card purchases through 12/31/2021 with a minimum $50 purchase. To purchase gift cards, visit Rapscallion Gift Cards. Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We pay tribute to a very loyal and inspirational friend of the Raps community. JB demonstrated daily how to be loving as a devoted father and husband to four amazing girls and their equally devoted mother, Crystal. He was a true family man who worked hard and supported his family with all their endeavors. He always made sure his friends who visited his family’s Sturbridge summer home were happy and relaxed, forever hospitable no matter the hour or the weather. Thank you, JB, for hosting us and providing such a fun atmosphere to unwind, and for being a fast friend to many of those lucky enough to meet you. You will forever be remembered and the mugs will always be clinking in your name! Click here for JB’s obituary.
We are super excited to let you know that our new pub at 3 Arnold Road in Sturbridge will be more than worth the wait. The big news? Rather than just reopening the top floor, we are taking over the whole building! Barring any construction delays, our pub will be re-opening January 2022 to Raps guests.
By occupying the entire building, Rapscallion Pub will feature a full kitchen to provide home-cooked food to complement our hand-brewed beers, handmade cocktails, and select wines — and even more room for live music and events.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we navigate the challenges of opening during this volatile time in the industry. We simply cannot wait to serve you all again very soon in Sturbridge, but until then, our Concord, Acton, and Spencer locations are open and always ready to host our loyal guests.
With warmth and friendship,
Ced, Pete, and the entire Raps team
Rapscallion is very actively seeking to hire bartenders, waitstaff, and Front of House Management at our Acton and Concord locations! Come work for us and enjoy not only great pay, but also a positive and warm family-focused culture. Don’t delay – we are looking to hire immediately!
For immediate consideration, please contact Hilary Mathiau.