Supporting Orphans Nationally and Globally Inc. (S.O.N.G.) has teamed up with Aerial Recovery Group to assist with the safe evacuation of orphaned children in Ukraine. S.O.N.G. Executive Director Wally Connor will be traveling with nine other volunteers to the Poland-Ukraine border working on the Logistics Team to assist and support the Rescue Team (who have been carrying out the orphan rescue missions inside Ukraine) as well as process safe passage of orphaned and unaccompanied children to safe-havens. Many orphaned and unaccompanied children have fallen victim to traffickers fleeing the violence and at border crossings promising them safety and security, and then disappearing.
S.O.N.G. has initiated a special and immediate fundraising drive “S.O.S. Ukraine” (SONG ORPHAN SUPPORT Ukraine) to provide direct support to orphaned children as needed upon S.O.N.G.’s arrival at the border, and they are asking that you consider supporting this critical and important Mission at this time.
Donations can be made directly to the following:
- Venmo: @SONGInc and please note “Ukraine” in the What’s it for? section.
- PayPal & Credit Card: S.O.S. Ukraine Online Donation
- Bank: S.O.N.G., Inc., c/o North Brookfield Savings Bank, 9 Gilbert Street, North Brookfield, MA 01535
- Check: S.O.N.G., Inc., 122 Long Hill Road, PO Box 426, Brookfield, MA 01506-0426. Please note “S.O.S. Ukraine” in the memo section.
They are also asking for donations of the following items, which can be dropped off at any Rapscallion location:
- “Beanie Babies” and other lightweight small comfort toys for the children.
- Much needed medical supplies for a local hospital. If you have a source able to donate these items, please contact us directly.
- Antibiotics IV: Ceftriaxone, Cefepime, Vancomycin, Gentamicin, Clindamycin, Zosyn
- Chest seals; Airway equipment: ET tubes all sizes, laryngoscopes, LMAs; Easy IOs
- Nasal cannulas for CPAP size 3 and 3.5; Israeli tourniquets; Quick clot; Insulin
Below are some informative links about the Mission:
- Video: Aerial Recovery Group in Ukraine (Facebook)
- Article: Ukraine: Thousands of vulnerable children unaccounted for
- Video: BBC Report on Aerial Recovery
S.O.N.G., Inc. is a certified 501 c 3 nonprofit organization and all donations are 100% tax-deductible per IRS Guidelines. Also, S.O.N.G., Inc. is an all-volunteer organization and 100% of funds raised go to supporting orphaned children.